Ruby error - extconf.rb failed while installing sqlite3 gem

I ran into some issues while running 'bundle install' on a production server. This occured when bundler hit the 'sqlite3' gem.

At first glance, I found the line

  checking for sqlite3.h... no

So naturally I did the firs thing I could think of. Oh I need to install sqlite3 on this server.

  sudo apt-get install sqlite3

Unfortunately this did not work. I now had sqlite3 on the server (which undoubtidly would have casued me issues later), but the issue was still laughing at me.

After a bit of Googling, I was able to find a Stack Overflow question that helped me out.

So in the end it turns out that I just needed to install the libsqlite3-dev package. I should have know this as I had ran into this issue with MySql in the past. O'well.

  sudo apt-get install libsqlite3-dev

Categories

ruby
debugging

Comments